We Purchase Junk Cars with a Lost Title

We purchase cars with a lost title. Because we are a licensed and bonded company, we give you cash for junk cars on the spot. There are laws about this kind of purchase that we must follow. There are state and federal legislation that requires us to do extra paperwork than we normally do. A non-titled vehicle has to be purchased by a licensed salvage buyer here in Texas.

What Documents do I need to sell my Lost Titled Vehicle?sell junk car no title

We document everything; from the time you call Houston Junk Car Buyer for a quote to the time that we arrive to inspect your vehicle. When you contact us for a quote, we will need your vehicle’s identification number or VIN for short. We run your VIN to make sure that the vehicle is in your name or that you don’t have a lienholder on your title.

We will give you a quote on purchasing your junk vehicle with a lost title. Once Houston Junk Car Buyer gives you a quote and you accept the quote, we will arrange a convenient time for you to pick up your vehicle. At the time of our arrival, we will have to have you fill out a state of Texas mandated form. This form permits us to obtain a duplicate title on your behalf. We will also need a photocopy of your state-issued drivers’ license or identification.

At this point, we take pictures of the vehicle and the vehicle and the vehicle identification plate.  This is to document where, when and whom we purchased the car from. At this point, we will ask you for your state-issued drivers’ license or ID. We will also take a picture of you and your state-issued driver’s license or identification. The state has a strict set of guidelines that we have to follow. This is for your protection and our protection.

no title car buyerPaperwork required selling my Lost Titled Vehicle

Once we get all of the information that we are required to obtain, we write you a bill of sale. You will have to sign it and place your right thumbprint on it. We keep this in our records in case the state asks us for it.

Once we purchase your vehicle, we send your state-issued duplicate title to the state to get it marked as salvaged. This is required by law prior to the sale of your vehicle. We provide you with a copy of the title after we have marked it as salvaged. This is your state-issued title and remains in our possession until you surrender it to us at a later date.

How do I Release Myself from Being Liable for My Scrap Salvage Vehicle in Texas?

If you are the owner of a vehicle, you have the right to sell it to someone else as long as it is not in your name. However, if you sell the vehicle to someone who has a bad credit history and they don’t pay for the car, then this person can take legal action against you.

This means that even if you sold your car to someone who had bad credit or did not pay for it, then you will be liable for it. This is because the title is still in your name and this person can sue both of you separately.

You fill out form VTR-346 (found here) and submit it to the Texas Department of Transportation. This can also be done easily on the TxDOT website. For additional information, please refer to the Texas DOT website: TxDOT.

I hope this information has been beneficial. If you have any questions, please feel free to give Houston Junk Car Buyer a call on 281-946-7209 for a free no-obligation junkyard clunker quote. We are here to take care of all of Houston’s junk car removal needs. Remember we buy junk cars and offer free towing! We buy cars with no title. If you have junk vehicles with lost vehicles let us know, we will gladly give you a free no-obligation quote!  I hope this information has been beneficial. If you have any questions, please feel free to give Houston Junk Car Buyer a call at 281-946-7209 for a free, no-obligation quote. We are here to take care of all Houston’s junk car removal needs. Our friendly customer service is waiting for you to phone! Remember, we buy junk cars and offer free towing!


cars with a lost

Call Now